I love my Sol Breads, so much so that i regularly set out to find new and exciting ways to enjoy it – and then it struck me, why not french toast. Its been years since I last ate french toast and it was the same for my boyfriend who had fond memories of the popular breakfast dessert! It turns out the healthy-ified recipe did justice to those memories and certainly fulfilled all breakfast needs for a nutritious start to the day!
- 6 pieces of Sol Breads Organic Sourdough Bread (any flavour, you could use their plain or even pumpkin and pepita loaves)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tblsp Rice Malt Syrup
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Jimalie Organic Coconut Oil for cooking (could require a little more)
- Combine all of the wet ingredients and mix well
- Place mixture in shallow dish and soak 2 slices of bread for approximately 1minute on each side
- Heat pan and add 1 tsp of coconut oil
- Drain excess liquid from bread and place the two slices in the pan
- Cook 2 minutes each side on medium heat until golden brown
- Serve with your favourite toppings – I chose mango, spinach, banana & macs ice-cream (all items frozen and blended with a touch of rice milk), frozen raspberries and a granola or nut mix for crunch!