Sugar free and low fructose these babies are the perfect start to your day! No sweetener, no guilt! Wheat free & refined sugar free!
The sweetness only comes from a natural source and thats our favourite nana (banana). Topped with The Muesli which is made purely with 5 nuts, 4 seeds, Oats and Coconut – its the perfect choice for a topper! Adds crunch, texture and flavour, i definitely recommend using it for this recipe and if not just for the topper but in place of the oats!
So why did i make these? Because sometimes, we dont have time to sit down and prepare our breakfasts. As much as we might love the idea of sitting down to a perfectly prepared breakfast parfait or a freshly scrambled egg, sometimes, its just not happening! So these are perfect to grab out of the fridge and enjoy on your mad dash to work!
ALSO, this recipe is not vegan, like many others that I have recently posted. BUT there are alternatives! To keep it dairy free, substitute the greek yoghurt for coconut milk. To keep it vegan, substitute the egg for a chia egg (1 tbsp of chia seeds to 3 tbsp of water). The oats in the recipe and The Muesli Classic are what prevent this recipe from being gluten free, however if you instead purchased the Gluten Free The Muesli, you could substitute this for the oats in the mixture and the topping! ENJOY x
Banana Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Jimalie Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 small and very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1/2 cup Chobani plan greek yoghurt
- 1 free range egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup of The Muesli Classic
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well
- Add through wet ingredients and stir until combined
- Divide mixture between 10 rubber muffin holders (you can spray these muffin holders with organic olive oil/coconut oil spray if they aren’t rubber)
- Top muffins with a teaspoon sprinkle (or more!) of The Muesli Classic (or Gluten free!)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. You will know the muffins are ready when they spring back to shape when pressed with your finger OR with the old fork trick (poke muffins with fork and if the fork comes out clean they they are ready!
Serving Suggestion: warm for serving and top with a teaspoon of Chobani Plain Greek Yoghurt
Let me know if you try the recipe by tagging me in your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter pictures!