This recipe is an ultimate Winter favourite bursting with warming and hearty flavours.
The base aspect is one that can be used with any baked slice, whether its a berry crumble, chocolate tart (with raw chocolate in the middle) or even a healthy pecan pie (well, this has me thinking – wink).
The filling comes from of course overloading on the cheap fruits in my local store – Charlie’s that is. I generally just swing by and fill up with whatever is cheap and this time it was pears and apples! With complex carbs in the base and natural sweetness in the middle it was only called for to make a crunchy topping of wholesome, nourishing fats! Overall this is a balanced dessert, one that wont keep you binging into the night – its just too filling! Best served with a dollop of greek yoghurt for a serve of dairy and more lighter fats that keep you going longer!
Note: this is more than appropriate for breakfast, in fact, its better for you than majority of the supermarket cereals!
Baked Apple & Pear Slice
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour (could also use buckwheat
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 pear, sliced
1 apple, sliced
3 tbsp shredded coconut
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tblsp coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a cake tin with baking paper and spray lightly with a coconut oil or olive oil spray if necessary
3. Combine all ingredients for the base by hand or by a food processor – just until well combined
4. Evenly spread base mixture in the bottom of the baking tray, pressing down with fingers, palms or the back of a spoon.
5. Place apple and pear slices evenly over base, ensuring its completely covered (you may need to slice some more depending on size)
9. Roughly chop walnuts and then sprinkle over the apple and pear with the shredded coconut
10. Evenly sprinkle coconut sugar over the top of the coconut and walnuts
11. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.
12. Enjoy warm after baking or allow to cool before removing for slicing and refrigerating.
Best served with some natural Chobani Greek Yoghurt x