Okay, so I won’t deny that sweet potato chips are amazing BUT if you are looking for a change and something a little more crunchy then these Polenta & Kale Chips are going to be your best friend.
This recipe isn’t exactly dairy free or vegan as it uses parmesan cheese in the mixture, BUT this can easily be replaced with nutritional yeast (available from health food stores and won’t break the budget!). Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavour and doesn’t exactly melt but as you sprinkle it like cheese, it’s flavour evenly distributes across your dish – so it’s the perfect version of vegan cheese + as it’s name suggests, possesses nutritional benefits! Particularly notable for providing a complete amino acid profile, meaning that it is a complete protein which of course is very beneficial for vegans and vegetarians alike!
Polenta chips aren’t exactly new to the health scene so I thought why not jazz them up with some organic kale, from Munch Crunch Organics! After receiving my first delivery of organic goodness this Byron Based home delivery service, I am super excited to begin the Go Organic Challenge – going organic for four weeks!
With this challenge, the Munch Crunch Organic Team provide the ingredients + weekly recipes and all for a very reasonable price. Essentially, they are sourcing the highest quality and most competitively priced produce for your overall health and wellness – it’s a lot easier, cheaper and faster than sourcing it yourself, meaning you aren’t going to be tempted to ‘just start next week’ (anyone else do this, like, a lot?!). Check if you are in their delivery areas here, and check out the organic box options here (create your own OR choose from pre-designed)
Do you think four weeks could make a difference? Did you know (and I have only just learnt!) that it only takes 1 week to decrease the amount of toxins in your body. In fact, just one week can drop pesticide levels by 90 percent?
You may think washing your veggies is doing enough, but to be brutally honest, it’s not. Small amounts add up, which is why this challenge and eating organic in general is so important!
With these deliveries I am going to be busy in the kitchen with creations so you will have to stay tuned for those + on my progress with how I feel (already, I am noticing a difference and mostly in my clarity of mind).
If you test out the chips yourself, be sure to tag me so I can see! IG: @kbsugarfree xx
Polenta, Kale & Rosemary Chips
– 500ml organic vegetable stock
– 1/2 cup organic polenta (available from Flanneries)
– 1/4 cup organic parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast
-1/4 cup organic kale
– generous sprinkle of organic dried/fresh rosemary
1. Bring stock and rosemary to boil on stove top
2. Add the polenta and continuously stir until the mixture begins to thicken
3. Add parmesan/nutritional yeast and stir through until well combined
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper and then spread mixture evenly into the tray
6. Place tray in fridge for 2-3 hours or until the mixture is set (it will spring back from being touched)
7. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
8. Cut the set mixture into rectangular chips shapes and then distribute onto a new baking tray lined with baking paper (reuse the baking paper here BUT you will need a larger pan to leave some space between the chips when you bake them)
9. Bake chips for 20 minutes before removing from oven, flipping and then returning to oven for another 20 minutes
10. When nice and crispy, remove from oven and sprinkle with pink Himalayan salt + more rosemary and enjoy warm!
Dont forget to subscribe for exclusive recipes, competitions and events!