Okay guys, I know there are heaps of salads out there with cauliflower but this one is honestly next level. It is SO EASY to make, I even surprised myself! Packed full of vegetables, natural finer (to get those intestines moving!) and protein from those gorgeous little lentils – the salad is pretty much a nutritional powerhouse in itself!
The inspiration for this concoction came from working through my Munch Crunch Organic’s home delivered organic fruit and veg box! Each week, I have been receiving a massive box packed full of organic fruit and vegetables! While there are recipes to accompany this nutritious delivery, I have been getting my little Masterchef on and playing ‘Mystery Box’ with the ingredients!
Just a little note on Munch Crunch Organics, they source their produce from the local region of Byron Bay and deliver far and between to homes stretching over the QLD East Coast! Finding high quality and local organic produce can be hard enough as it is but being able to afford them is a whole other problem, trust me, I’m a student – I know the struggle. But the struggle is so much less real with Munch! Their boxes are so affordable (which from me, says a lot!). You can choose from the select from various sizes of fruit and veg boxes, with prices starting as cheap as $39 for 1-2 people! For me, that is super cheap and added bonus – you can get 50% off your next order with SPECIAL50! You’re welcome 😉
So now – the recipe! Noteworthy that cauliflowers are an awesome source of nutrition, particularly with high levels of Vitamins B2, B1 and B6, but they also great for protein! Yep, this humble, white coloured looking broccoli is high in protein! To supercharge the protein content (i.e. for those who won’t add meat on the side) I added through some organic lentils also (#saladgains!) and some greens for good measure! P.s. don’t feel compelled to use this salad dressing just for the salad – I drizzle it pretty much over everything!
Roast Cauliflower & Lentil Salad
– 1/2 head organic cauliflower
– handful rocket, sliced finely
– 1/2 cup lentils, cooked & washed
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp tahini
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 tsp dijon mustard
– 1 tsp seeded mustard (organic if possible and most definitely with no added sugar – goes for both mustards!).
– Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 + line baking with baking paper!
– Separate the cauliflower into smaller mini-like-trees, drizzle with olive oil and roast until super golden (about 15-20 mins)
– Remove cauliflower from the oven and place it in a large mixing bowl
– Add through remaining salad ingredients and stir well
– Literally just mix/whisk all ingredients until well combined. I use a fork for this and press the tahini against the bowl to break up the paste and combine it with all the other ingredients!
– Pour dressing over salad, toss and enjoy!
This salad is totally able to be stored over night, be careful of any longer as it will start to get a little soggy!