It’s been a long time since I had jam! And well, I have never made it before. Turns out it wasn’t that hard…
Take a super simple & sugar laden recipe and adapt it with what you have + my natural tendency to simplify things = something pretty darn good.
How else to enjoy it than in a healthified version of a Jaffa! Um, yes! It was an ingenious moment and well, it got even easier with the help of Meraki & Co’s Raw Chocolate Kit! Three simple ingredients, all packed and ready to go + super easy instructions to follow to create the most decadent, delicious, raw, vegan AND sugar free ‘chocolate’!
Refined Sugar Free Orange Jam
- 2 Oranges, peeled
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Jimalee Coconut Sugar
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- First, blend the oranges in a high speed blender
- Add the oranges to a saucer + 1/2 water and the zest
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes
- Be sure to check the mixture every 5 minutes, but wait for it to really reduce down before adding the other 1/2 cup of water and the coconut sugar
- Once again, allow for the mixture to reduce again.
- Remove from the heat and add the chia seeds (this step is optional, it will be fine without the chia seeds)
- Allow to cool before serving/adding to chocolate moulds!
Don’t forget to subscribe to receive exclusive news, recipes and competitions!