So I’ll warn you first that this Ice chocolate is like no other. It has a special twist, a special flavour and a special little spice 😉
Not only is it sugar free, it’s also dairy free, gluten free and completely vegan. In fact, there are only two ingredients. Coconut milk and the secret ingredient that gives it all of it’s super ‘special’ properties – Crio Brü ‘Maya’ blend.
What’s that, you ask?
Crio Brü ‘brewed cacoa’ is made from 100% cocoa beans. I know many of you would often associate cocoa as NOT being dairy free, but rest assured, this actually is. It’s also got NO sugar, chemicals, gluten or dairy.
What are the benefits? Even though it’s roasted, the super high antioxidant characteristics are maintained. It’s also great for that after noon (or morning) many of us crave. No longer must we turn to caffeine, Crio Brü contains a natural stimulant called theobromine which is gentle, long-lasting and non-addictive. Theobromine is described to make you feel focused & energised (and I don’t know how many of us wouldn’t want that!).
The blend I use for this recipe is ‘Maya’ which is a blend of the cocoa beans + vanilla beans, cinnamon and cayenne pepper for that metabolism boosting effect 😉
There are SO many blends available at Crio Bru and any of those would work perfectly. It’s 100% better than using pre-made chocolate blends (even the ‘organic’ ones have added sugar – so be careful which you choose!).
Sugarfree Iced Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Crio Bru Cocoa Beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Pure Harvest Coco² spread (for the glass/presentation)
- First you want to brew the Crio Bru blend (I used Maya) according to the instructions (I chose the old fashioned over the stove option, adding about a cup of water, boiling and then scooping the liquid from the top before improvising with a paper towel to ‘filter’ #unistudentlyfe)
- Brew enough to make at least 1/2 a cup of cocoa
- In a tall glass, pour brew over ice
- Fill the remainder of the glass with coconut milk
- If you want, add a little unrefined sweetener (I used Pure Harvest Coco² Spread around the edges of the glass which gave it the perfect amount of sweetness!)
- Stir well and enjoy!