By now I’m sure that many of you know how to make raw chocolate, or at least have some clue. But what to fill them with to take those healthy chocolates to the next level? Well, besides from the favourite cashews and roasted almond fillings that we all love – I’m sure you have some pretty basic ingredients lying around to turn those chocolates to high class truffles 😉
For the record, my raw chocolate recipe has developed to be super simple:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao
And sometimes its 2 tbsp cacao. It’s pretty much me just adding stuff to the bowl until I get the texture I want. Don’t worry about being pedantic, it will all be the same in the end. If your new to the ‘cacao game’, try a touch of liquid stevia or some unrefined sweetener of choice to help you adapt to the bitter flavour.
So, the fillings. The all important fillings. To take things to that level with some mere ingredients I’m sure you have in your possession. right. now.
- 2 part Mayvers’ Tahini to 1 part rice malt syrup
- Stir well – enjoy
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- In a saucepan, heat the berries + water and bring to the heat.
- Allow for the berries to break apart before removing from the heat
- Add chia seeds and allow to cool in room temp before adding to the fridge
Superseed Protein Fudge
- 3 tbsp Mayvers’ Super Seed Spread
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein (I used Only Nutrition WPI)
- Mix well – enjoy!
Strawberry & Roast Almond
- One of my favourite filings was sliced strawberry, simple and effective. Super special with some roasted almond flakes mixed through.
The Almighty Construction
It’s super simple and easy.
- Find a mould you like
- Fill it to 1/3 of the mould with the raw chocolate
- Add 1/4 tsp of your filling of choice
- Fill remaining space with raw chocolate