While it’s all well and good to have incredible, health-enhancing detox tea, Australian Summers are just not appropriate for such elixirs.
Even when the sun settles and the breeze MAY pick up, it’s still really f*cking hot and unless you’re spending your life’s savings on blasting that aircon for a simple ‘cuppa’ then any form of detox tea is out of the question.
Which really sucks. Because as you know, not only can detox teas assist in cleansing your system but they can be blended to assist with anxiety, sleep, fatigue and even skin – you name it, teas can help it.
I recently stumbled across ‘Teelixir’ by Primal Essence. This blend is organic, gluten free, vegan, paleo and non-GMO and is designed to overcome exhaustion, fatigue, stress and well, essentially any imbalances in your body. Teelixir is designed to enhance vitality by enabling calmness and relaxation to our body’s systems to allow us to adapt to the stresses we encounter in life. I don’t know about you, but there are a whole lot of stresses in my life that make this tea very appealing indeed.
The only issue? This heat. It was more than necessary to get creative and get this tea blend and it’s benefits into my life.
And so sparkling detox tea was made.
It’s pretty simple really. And if sparkling isn’t your thing you don’t need to worry, the benefits are in the ice cubes you use, as opposed to the liquid you mix it with – enjoy it with cold pressed juice or a smoothie if you like (in fact, do that and let me know how it goes, cause that’s a great idea).
Essentially, this blog post is all about PUTTING THE TEA IN YOUR ICE.
Avoid drinking hot liquid in starching hot water by following these steps:
- Mix 1/4 tsp of Teelixir blend in 1.5 cups of hot water*
- Allow to cool (put it in the fridge once it stops steaming)
- Fill an ice cube tray with fresh fruit, berries, mint and cucumber
- Pour the (now cooled) tea mixture over the fruit.
- Pop into the freezer and allow a couple of hours to freeze
- Remove and add to soda water (or normal water, or even cold pressed juice!)
* This ratio is just to start, you can increase the amount of Teelixir as you get used to the taste.
Enjoy your sparkling detox tea and thank me later xxx