I know I have done an ice cream recipe before but this one is new and improved + involves less calories and more fat burning ingredients 😉
Yep, you read right. Fat burning cookies. Why? How? It’s all in the sachet of Coffee Not Coffee that I added to the cookie mixture. CNC’s new range includes an organic cacao blend which is packed full of superfood ingredients, like cinnamon, goji berry, green tea and mangosteen extracts. These sachets are seriously delicious on their own (sometimes I add a shot of coffee at work) but they were perfecto for this recipe too!
And the less calories part? That comes from the ice cream, the Fro Pro Ice Cream. You probably know by now that I am quite obsessed with it and well, it’s for good reason. Low fat, high protein, sugar free, all natural ingredients & gluten free. The Green Tea (Matcha) and Mint Ice Cream is the newest of flavours and has only 71 cals per serve (a serving size is 100g or 200ml).
I know you all want the recipe and I’m excited to share that it’s completely sugar, wheat and dairy free.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (Jimalie Coconut Products)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons almond and coconut milk
- 1/2 cup banana flour (Natural Evolution Foods)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 2 sachets Coffee Not Coffee Cacao Superfood Blend
- Fro Pro Green Tea & Mint Ice-cream
- Cacao nibs and coconut for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- In a blender, mix together all of the wet ingredients
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients through the dry and stir well.
- Scoop spoon-sized portions and shape into balls, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down on balls with back of knife and shape into even flat circles.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Assembling the Ice Cream Cookies
- To assemble, simply spoon ice cream between the cookies and if you want to, decorate with cacao nibs and coconut (or a healthy chocolate sauce wouldn’t go astray!)