Okay, it’s March. Soon July, and at this rate, not long until those Christmas shopping lists come out? Seriously! The world flashes by at extraordinary speed, but is your body keeping up?
I often think to myself, ‘wow, that week went SO quickly, if I wanted to lose weight, it would happen SO fast!’. And ‘right, no afternoon tea, just get through until dinner, do it for the bod’. And then two weeks fly on by and nil weight loss, nil change, maybe ate more, maybe less – wouldn’t know. It’s good in a way, I have no food shame and a super healthy relationship with food… or do I?
Fast paced jobs, exercising, being a parent (not me, but many of you are parents!) – they all call for ENERGY. I SO regularly found myself thinking ‘need to eat before I do said task’. But do I? Was I just scared of being ‘hungry’?
Yes. I was. Scared of being hungry, scared that would effect my performance.
I knew it was time for a reset. So I looked into Sol Cleanse. Sol Cleanse describes the reasons you might cleanse as:
- To love and nurture yourself
- Because you’re feeling a bit “blah” and know you can feel amazing
- Preparing for a special event that you want to look radiant for
- Helping your body recover from too many special events!
- To break bad habits and reestablish health-giving habits
- To take the time to connect with yourself on a deeper level
- Because you’re listening to the body and it’s asking you to!
YEP! That was me, feeling ‘blah’, in bad habits, not listening to my body. So if that was the criteria, I was definitely eligible. But a juice cleanse? Is that too extreme? I wanted to know exactly what I was in for, and exactly how it would help (and most importantly, if it was worth it!).
What is juice cleansing?
Well firstly, cleansing is a technique that has been used by countless cultures for centuries before us. The juice cleanse however is unique, for the following reasons:
- The Liquid Diet
- Consuming only liquids allows that break in your daily digestion and body’s processes. Removing the work of chewing and breaking down food enables more time for restoring and repairing (with the abundant nutrients in the juices!)
- Nature’s choice
- Juices are created from fruit and vegetables with the simple process of squeezing (juicing). No other processing occurs, and after juicing, you are left with nutrient dense liquid that is easily consumed by your body. Think a wave of nutrients rushing through your cells, that your body had to hardly even work for – it simply speeds up the nourishment phase of eating.
- Juicing also enables MORE nutrients to be absorbed from fruit and veggies, which with different combinations, ensures a greater variety of said nutrients
- So FASTER and MORE nutrients to your body = winning
- Out with the old, in with the new. A basic saying that easily depicts the juice cleanse process. New nutrients flood the body, while unfavourable toxins are more easily removed.
Benefits of juice cleansing?
To be honest, the list is endless. From toxin removal to increased metabolism, but the full list includes:
- Increases elimination of harmful toxins and waste
- Increases the metabolism and may aid in weight loss
- Boosts energy levels
- Reduces cellulite
- Rejuvenates and refreshes skin
- Improves digestive health and organ function
- Diminishes allergies
- Helps to break bad habits and create new more healthful habits
- Helps to bring your body back to balance
+ a few more. Check it out at www.solcleanse.com/benefits/
Why choose Sol Cleanse?
For me, it was a no-brainer. I had done a cleanse with the company two years prior and absolutely LOVED the support that the owners offer. They send daily emails, they have LOTS of information and they are REAL people who have been operating consistently for a long time. In fact, they are one of the longest operating juice companies in QLD, which means they are trusted.
Sol Cleanse is also LOCAL. So the juices are made on the Sunny Coast, hand delivered by members of the company and not some dodgy courier service (not that courier is bad, but for juice, you want it to be cold and cared for!).
The juices are ORGANIC and served in GLASS jars, not plastic. Sol Cleanse is super honest in their refusal to use plastic, and I love that. They aren’t looking to maximise their profit with plastic, they are honestly looking to benefit you most, and that means keeping plastic toxins out of your body during a time when you are trying to maximise your health. You get to keep the glass jars too, and they are perfect for smoothies and making your own juices post-cleanse (which trust me, you will want!).
And, the juices are cold pressed. Meaning maximum nutrition and NO processing!
So I did it…
I ordered the juice cleanse and was more excited than ever (you may have noticed, on my Insta stories!).
If any information from this article has jumped out to you, then it’s definitely your time to order one too. Check out Sol Cleanse’s website for more details and information.
And don’t forget the 10% discount on any cleanse, with the code ‘kbsugarfree’.
Stay tuned for the next blog post on my experience!